Thursday, March 31, 2011

Perfectly Pink & Precious Baby Shoes


I love cute stuff! And these shoes are so super cute. They'll top a baby shower cake I'm assembling this weekend.

Several people on facebook have asked how I made them so I thought I'd show you. This is the pattern I used. I cut the tabs off of the pattern as they aren't necessary for gumpaste shoes. If making two shoes, cut one of the patterns with the lettering side up. For the other shoe, flip the pattern over.

For the texture on the shoes, I used a scrap booking embossing tool. These are pretty cool because you get a 2 sided design.



I glued my pieces together using a little bit of gum glue (Tylose Powder mixed with water). The embellishments were made of white gum paste and then painted. I used a pearl airbrush paint for the flower and black airbrush liquid for the snap on the shoe strap.

Happy Creating!

Photobucket

2 comments:

marilena said...

So cute!!! So beautiful!! So PERFECT!!!!

Unknown said...

Stacey! You are so talented. These shoes are all sorts of amazing : ) Hope the shower cake turns out perfectly! I know that it will!