Saturday, March 19, 2011

Skateboarding Birthday Cake


I know I'm going to date myself with this post but the words that kept going through my head while working on the graffiti for this cake were things like RADICAL, DUDE, FAR OUT, RIGHT ON etc... I hate to consciously resist my urges and for the most part stick with what I found online. Thanks to the internet, this boy likely won't question what is written on his cake.



This is a chocolate chip cake with chocolate icing. Covered in fondant, airbrushed, and embellished. The boy is gum paste, as is the skateboard. The railing is made up of skewers painted with a mix of silver and black airbrush color.

Overall, I'm very happy. My 5 year old thinks it's the coolest cake I've ever made. My 8 year old says it's not... he likes the monster trucks better. ha ha

Anyway... Happy Birthday to Anthony!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now this is really cool!!

Unknown said...

I want to do this for my sons birthday cake, how did you manage to get that shape?