Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Unconventional Tools & Spectacular Results

I'm always on the lookout for cool ways to make a variety of textures without spending an arm and a leg. Here's one of my newer tools that I LOVE. Great for making textures for cupcake toppers, bows, and small detail pieces. No, you can't use it to cover the whole cake, BUT it is a 2 sided texture and THAT is HUGE!



This is a Cuttlebug texture mat. It's got 2 parts that are hinged together. It was not necessary to use any grease or cornstarch. Just rolled my paste really thin, and then stuck it between the layers and used my rolling pin to press it down evenly.

Excellent pattern transfer resulted and I LOVE IT!!!! Keep in mind that you can use a coupon from Michael's or ACMoore (coupons on there website here). Remember that most of the major craft store competitors accept each others coupons, including Michael's, AC Moore, and JoAnn Fabrics.

Happy Caking!

Photobucket

1 comment:

faithy said...

I have that too! :)