Sunday, March 20, 2011

Zoo Theme Birthday Cake


This cake is for two girls who are celebrating their 5th and 7th Birthday's with a Zoo Party. Mom even arranged for The Zoo to come out to the party with some animals. When I arrived to deliver the cake I was amazed at the transformation that went on in the family home to give it a sort of "safari" feel.

In the photo above the lion has a yellow bow. My husband kindly reminded me that lion's are guys. So I had to remove the bow. DUH! I got a good laugh out of it anyway. And so did he at my expense!


The girls had asked that the primary colors in their cake be pink and purple. They also asked to have a monkey and elephant on the top of the cake. We went with the Mad Hatter/Topsy Turvy (Turvey) design to add whimsy to the cake. They were thrilled with the result.

The bottom tier of this cake is a pink vanilla cake with cookies and cream filling and the top tier is marble with chocolate chip filling.

Happy Birthday to Aani and Haila.







Photobucket

4 comments:

Буба said...

Hi! The monkey and elephant are just gorgeous!!!! I love love love them!
I love what you did with the whole cake as well!

Stacy'Sweets said...

You are amazing!!! So inspirational to us self proclaimed cake decorators!! I love it all :) Thanks for the blog. New follower here!!!
p.s. Love the name!! Mine is close but I had no idea about your blog. So amazing!!!

SweetThingsTO said...

Wow - just amazing! Love the cute little characters - so cute!

Clemme/Trine said...

They are soooo cute :) Especially the lion :)