Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ladybugs and Bows Baby Shower Cake.

It's a little late but here it is, the baby shower cake from the weekend. It was a huge hit and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE good feedback from my customers.


If you look closely at the edge of the blanket, it's got a lacy look to it. I actually used a scrapbooking tool to do that edge. It's a tricky process. Tried it first with SugarVeil but that stuff is pretty hard to get "just right". I ended up throwing away almost an entire bag of product after repeated failed attempts. Must be missing something. But haven't given up entirely.

This blanket is a mix of fondant and gumpaste rolled VERY VERY thin. Then I take the scrapbooking tool and run it along the edge and punch the pattern. It is slow going and can be a little frustrating but overall... the effect is well worth it.

Have a Super Sweet Day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jenn Bento said...

I love the effect along the edge of the blanket! I've thought of using those punchers before but was afraid too. Beautiful cake!

Unknown said...

Absolutely awesome cake - Stacey you do such a wonderful job with your cakes.

Unknown said...

Very cute, I love the lady bugs and the little baby shoes!!