Saturday, March 7, 2009

Banana Cream Cake Popcorn Cups


Aren't they cute!!! These are Banana Cupcakes, topped with sliced bananas, banana filling, and topped with a whipped banana topping. Then to make them look like they are my Dad's favorite food, they are placed in molded red chocolate cups with white stripes and topped with shaped and painted marshmallows to look like Pop Corn.

Think of the inside as more like a trifle. It's my creative way of decorating a "cake" and still offering my Dad Banana Cream Pie for his Birthday.

6 comments:

Kristen M. said...

These are adorable Stacey.

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
You have an awesome gift. My sister in law is a pastry chef from Latrobe Pa and she said you could be making alot of money and that you are very talented. If you have any questions for her, I can try and hook you up to talk with her. Good Luck,
Cathy Brown (Host of Gen's bday party)

Valerie said...

Those are so cute. You must have put a lot of work and love into them.

Anonymous said...

These are too cute! not to mention, sound wonderful! I have a question for you though. I am making a cake to resemble a box of popcorn for my sons 6th bday sleep over (movie night themed) I got everthing I need to make the cake, red fruit rolls up for the red stripes and the mini marshmellows. But I have seen a bunch of different ideas on how to make the marshmellows into "popcorn" but what did you use to "paint" them yellow? Thank you so much for any help! (His party is June 6th and Iam running out of time.) Amy Nobles Omaha, NE

Stacey - Truly Custom Cakery, LLC said...

Use yellow food color and a paint brush. :)

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Too bad I know it wont turn out near as cute and perfect as yours, but I will give it my best! :)