Monday, August 8, 2011

Yep... I've been slacking!

OOPS! Time certainly got away from me. It seems I've been having too much fun being a mom this summer and I have let my blog fall by the wayside. Not that I haven't been working, because I have. But I've spent a lot less time in front of this electronic time warp machine since the kids got out of school. It's been good though. Sometimes, we need to step back to gain a little perspective. And leave it to my 6 year old to continually remind me that he is on VACATION and if I work too much, it cramps his style. ha ha ha

So where have I been? Actually not far. Mostly in my backyard. See, last year my wonderful husband dug us a pond out back while he had an excavator on rental for some re-grading. So now we have a little backyard escape that we LOVE! Here's a sneak peak for ya!



I've had some fun taking photos of the critters that hang out and visit. Just this past week we discovered a pile of frog eggs. It's like having a science classroom in the backyard for the boys. They love it! And I have to admit, I do too. So much in fact that we have a fish tank in the house, a pond in the backyard, and this summer we built a small waterfall & pond in the front yard. What can I say? It's a sickness...



But like I said, I have been working. So stay tuned. Because I'm going to share my projects really soon! In the meantime, enjoy what's left of your summer and don't forget to take a little time to bake something sweet!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Frances said...

If you're not sure regarding how to operate an excavator, it might be better to leave it to the hands of an expert instead.