Friday, December 17, 2010

Chewy Cherry, Walnut, Chocolate Chip Cookie...

As if I don't have enough things happening in my kitchen right now, I had to test a recipe that's been playing in my mind for a while. Lately I've noticed that I have been craving more complex flavors and textures. Not sure if that is a sign of my age or the broadening of my horizons, but either way, I'm stretching myself.

I have a basic chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe that I've tweaked to my version of perfection. To make it even better, I added Walnuts and Dried Cherries. In excess!!! I promise, you need to add LOTS of hunks of yumminess to make this a "gourmet" cookie.

I could only fit 8 on a cookie sheet at a time and I rolled them like meatballs. And I'm not kidding you, there were not little meatballs! Yea... we've already determined I like my sweets! Whatever you do, don't give me a cookie that's gone in 2 bites!

So here it is! My recipe for a YUMMY spin on a Chocolate Chip Cookie. These delicious cookies will grace the treat boxes I'm handing out to family and friends this year.

Happy Baking!


Chewy Cherry, Walnut, Chocolate Chip Cookies

By: Stacey Hill, Truly Custom Cakery, LLC

Ingredients:

* 4 1/2 cups bread flour
(I use bread flour for a chewier cookie due to the high gluten content)
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* ½ teaspoon of salt
* 2 cups butter, softened
* 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
* 4 eggs
* 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
* 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 2 cups of dried cherries
* 4 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking soda, baking powder, and salt then set aside.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips, cherries, and nuts. I roll big balls of cookie dough to meatball sizes and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.

3. Bake for 12 - 16 minutes (depending on size) in the preheated oven. Edges should be lightly golden brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE or you will not have a chewy cookie!


Photobucket

No comments: