Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Melted Snowman Cookie Tutorial. Part 4 - Decorating

At this point you've got your base ready to go and you can decorate as you please. You'll need some piping bags and size 1 or 2 tips. You can also use a zip top bag with a very small hole cut in the corner. Color your royal icing the colors of your choice and have fun.

Here are a few different ways we decorated.





Yep, that's a snowball in her hand. I got my hands on a bag of Kraft Micromallows and just love them! They are the size of mini marshmallows in hot chocolate mix. Perfect for mini snowballs. To make it easier on the kids, you can use Silver Dragees or mini chocolate chips for buttons.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for showing us how to do this. I think these are the cutest things I have ever seen.

Eryn said...

This is gorgeous and I can't wait to make them! Thank so much!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the detailed step by step directions. These are so cute!! I can hardly wait to make them!!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Where did you find the micromallows? Sooooo cute! My 6 kiddos would love those! I can't wait to make these. I am going to have the kids help me make them for their friends at school. :)

Stacey - Truly Custom Cakery, LLC said...

You can get the micromallows here: http://store.firehousepantrystore.com/mimimabykr.html

Jen said...

Thank you so much for sharing!
These are great, I'm going to try these for my daughters holiday party at school.
Any tips on how to make the carrot without using fondant?

Stacey - Truly Custom Cakery, LLC said...

Hi Jen,
The carrot is actually royal icing. I just piped it on. If the icing isn't too runny (set some aside that is a little more firm) and then build it up high.

Anonymous said...

How creative!!!!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

These are adorable! I'll be linking to you. Thanks for the cute idea:-)

Couture Cake Creator said...

Thanks Amy! Merry Christmas!

-Stacey

Amber said...

I must say that these are the cutest cooking I have ever seen! I jope to get to make these next year with my girls! Thanks for such detailed instructions!!

Marisa said...

Genius, brilliant cookie. I wish I would have seen these in December! Rest assured they are definitely on my list for next year. I predict these will be the talk of the cookie blogs next Christmas!

I'll be linking, for sure. Great job!!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

Love these and we live in Hawaii so they'll be perfect for us :)

Mahalo for posting instructions!!!

Katie