Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Let it Snow..... Chocolate Cutout Snowflake Cookies...

Projects that just sort of happen and aren't planned out are sometimes the most fun. Especially where children are involved. After all the baking during the holiday season, we actually had some cookie dough left over! So while working on a cookie project for a client, I let my kids go to town with the leftover Christmas cookie dough.


The kids got to eat half the cookies they cut out and since they did such a fabulous job on their cutouts, I snagged the remaining half for a dinner party we are having this weekend for my parents. (Did I mention it's supposed to snow again soon! YEAH!!) The most difficult part of this whole process was trying to keep my children from eating all the dough (that tastes much like the chocolate cookie part of an Oreo) before we could bake the cookies. But the end result was worth it and these amazingly simple cookies are striking and tasty!




I used my Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. (Not the healthier one)

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees

1 cp butter
1 pkg Chocolate Pudding
3/4 cp Sugar
3/4 cp Brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla


Combine the above ingredients and mix.

2 Eggs(room temperature)

Add Eggs and mix

2 cps. All Purpose Flour
2/3 cp. Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt


Combine these ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk together lightly to incorporate. Then gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients just until they are thoroughly combined. Do Not Over Mix.

Chill for at least 4 hours. Then roll between two sheets of parchment paper and cut shapes. Bake on parchment lined cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 6 - 12 minutes depending on the size of the cookie. These Snowflakes are less than 2" so they only took about 6 minutes to bake.

Decorate with Royal Icing, a single Silver Dragee, and Sanding Sugar.



Happy Baking!!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Stacey, these are works of art. I am relatively new to your blog but I wanted you to know how much I enjoy the food and recipes you feature here. I hope the new year brings your family a large measure of health and happiness. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Rachel Maureen said...

I made these last year, and am planning to make them again this year! However, I'm just wondering what size of pudding box you used? Was it the smaller, 3.9oz box, or the larger, 5.9oz box? Last year I doubled the recipe, so I used one of each. This year I'm only making one batch and want to make sure I get it right! Thanks! -Rachel :)

Monty Bridges said...

Great post thankyoou