Friday, July 23, 2010

A Tail Waggin' Grooms Cake

Here is a grooms cake for a client. The dog is modeled after the client's pet. Wedding bands sit on the pillow.




White Almond Sour Cream cake with Raspberry filling (home made of course!) Cake is iced in buttercream and covered in fondant.

I airbrushed the base of the cake with doggy spots before applying the design. It adds a little dimension and brings the pet down into the cake a little more.

As a grooms cake, I went with the colors in the dog to keep it "manly".

Happy Caking!

Photobucket

4 comments:

SweetThingsTO said...

Oh - how cute! Love this design!

ttttasmin said...

haha, this is awesome.

philippine gifts said...

So cute! Wish I can also have a cake like that. Thanks for sharing. I've got an idea.

-yumi-

send gift Philippines said...

Wow! that was so cute cake design I like it so much. Will certainly visit your site more often now.

toni