Thursday, September 29, 2011

For the love of cake

One of the biggest compliments I get as a baker is a referral. But even more than that, when my customers come back time and again, it means they are happy. And that makes me very happy.


So when I did a wedding cake for the Byrd couple last year, I was thrilled to get a great review. But even more thrilled when Dana's mom called to order a replica of her wedding cupcakes for a Christmas gift because Dana liked them so much! And then, recently, I got a call from Dana that their First Anniversary was approaching and they didn't save the top tier of their wedding cake to celebrate with. She said it was so good, they couldn't help but eat it! Can I tell you how much I loved hearing that? Ehhh... everyone enjoys a little ego boost.


Anyway, I worked with Dana and created a replica of the top tier of her wedding cake so that she and her husband could celebrate their first Anniversary.

This cake was a very moist and delicious pound cake with homemade raspberry filling. Mmmmmm YUMMY!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it!! I will be taking some decorating classes at Michaels soon...