Friday, October 1, 2010

Win a $50.00 gift certificate to Truly Custom Cakery, LLC or a 2.5lb tub of Truly Custom Crunch!


Mama Cheaps and I met a while back at a mutual friends baby shower. I was too funny because I had recently taken up blogging to chronicle my cake journey and she and her sister were discussing of all things "blogging". We got to talking, exchanged cards, and the rest is History! I've gotten some FANTASTIC deals through Mama Cheaps research. And quite frankly with the economy, budget living, and my penny pinching, her site is right up my alley! YOU MUST check out her website, sign up for the newsletter, and take advantage of all the fantastic deals and offers that are available to you. Besides, if you save money on the necessities, you have more money for the fun stuff, like CAKE!!!

The following post comes directly from Mama Cheaps Website.

truly custom cakery

Sometimes you just fall into some good. Very good.

I was first introduced to Stacey, owner of Truly Custom Cakery, several years ago. She was a good friend of a friend. I remember talking to her about a business that she had recently started- her own cake shop. She gave me her business card and I came home and pulled up her shop's blog on my computer. To put it plainly: I was blown away. One of my guilty pleasures is to watch those cake design/decorating shows on TLC, mostly Ace of Cakes. The cakes that I saw on Stacey's site were easily on par with some of the neatest cakes that I have seen on TV. They are that beautiful and creative.

Then in April my sister ordered a mini cake for her daughter's first birthday. She wanted her daughter on top along with their 2 dogs. The cake was over-the-top cute- attention to detail and skill were obvious.

avas first birthday cakeBut how many times do you encounter a beautifully designed cake that ALSO tastes delicious? In my experience, it's pretty rare. Not with Truly Custom Cakery. Ava's 1st Birthday mini cake was double chocolate with buttercream icing. My sister was nice enough to send us home with leftovers. SO UNBELIEVABLY GOOD! Tasty and moist- perfection.

So this year when we decided to throw a triple birthday party for myself, Biker Bob AND Lily Bean (all of our birthdays are in September!) it was a no-brainer that we needed a Truly Custom Cakery cake at our party. I called Stacey and we decided on a size and flavor. After that I told her that I just wanted something super fun. I mentioned that we were calling the party "Weaverpalooza"- so she could take that theme and run with it. Run she did! Check out this cake!!

truly custom cakery cake

birthday party cake

Tasted GREAT, looked AMAZING, totally impressed our guests. We couldn't have been happier!

Truly Custom Cakery is also the genius behind a succulent concoction called Truly Custom Crunch. Truly Custom Crunch is an "irresistible combination of pecans, almonds, and popcorn, coated with caramel toffee and drizzled with rich dark chocolate."

Need I say more?

truly custom crunch

It should come as no surprise to you that Truly Custom Cakery was recently named the #1 Philadelphia Cake Shop beating out 21 other competitors on Philly's Hot List. They've always been my #1 pick and I am so excited that the word is getting out about how amazing their cakes and crunch are.

Their prices also surprised me. Don't expect to take a 2nd mortgage out just to afford one of these creations. These cakes are a total triple threat- they look great, they taste even better and the price tag won't break the bank.

To celebrate their Philly Hot List victory, Truly Custom Cakery wants to give 1 lucky Mama Cheaps reader a 2.5 lb package of Truly Custom Crunch shipped to their door. If a local reader wins, they may choose between the Truly Custom Crunch or a $50 gift certificate towards a cake purchase!


How to enter:


:: MANDATORY: Go check out Truly Custom Cakery's Cake Portfolio. Tell me which cake it your very favorite! Leave a comment HERE with that info.



Earn bonus entries:


:: "Like" Truly Custom Cakery on Facebook. Head over to Truly Custom Cakery's page on Facebook and click "LIKE." Leave a comment HERE telling me you did so.


:: “Like” Mama Cheaps on Facebook. Head over to our page on Facebook and click “LIKE.” Leave a comment HERE telling me you did so.






This giveaway is open to anyone from the United States who is 18 years or older. It will run from today, 10/1/10, until Friday, 10/8/10 at 8 PM EST. One winner will be chosen via random number generator on random.org.


All opinions are 100% ours. The cakes mentioned above were purchased by us from Truly Custom Cakery. Truly Custom Cakery provided us with a free sample of Truly Custom Crunch. Truly Custom Cakery is responsible for providing the winner’s prize.




Photobucket