Sunday, May 1, 2011

This is my kind of bridal shower cake!


Can I tell you how much I LOVE this cake? Well, I will, because I DO! It's no secret I love girlie things or that I love to try new techniques. So this was a really fun cake for me because it involved both!

I got to make some new molds, and even got my husband in on it by having him custom make me a piece to make a mold from. Everything on this cake is edible except for the support in the gift box lid.



The shoe is made from sugar paste, the diamond ring is sugar, and the bra is also sugar paste. I think the bra was the hardest part just because it is several pieces of sugar paste pieced together and I didn't have a pattern. It was trial and error to create my own pattern but I really do love the end result. It is tasteful and romantically pretty.

Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

No comments: