Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Sophisticated Cookie Monster


Happy 1/2 Birthday Cori! Last year I was the After School Program Supervisor for a local Christian School. Cori is a student there and her mother is my chiropractor. Cori's Birthday is in August so she never gets to celebrate with her classmates. So this year, she got permission to celebrate her 1/2 Birthday so she could celebrate at school. She loves cookie monster. Since she's in the 6th grade, I wanted it to be more of a "classy" Cookie. Enjoy Cori!!!



This is a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and covered with Marshmallow Fondant. I decided that I'd try a taper since it is a smaller cake and I haven't tapered the base of a cake to be smaller than the top. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It adds to the sophisticated look and makes it a little different.

Of course the taper made placing the diamonds a challenge as the spacing changes with each row of diamonds. But it worked and I can't wait for her to see it!

No comments: